California Electrical Certification Renewal
If your test was taken in the year 2006 or prior you must renew your license by the month and date 2009.
- You must have worked 2,000 hours in the industry in the past 3 years.
- You must have 32 hours of further electrical education.
- Mail your renewal application, certificate of completion proving 32 hours further education and check for $100 dollars at least 30 days prior to expiration but no more than 30 days prior.
- Mail your application certified return receipt to ensure delivery.
- If your license expires you will have to retake the test.
Port Electrical Mechanic Apprenticeship (P.E.M.A.)
On March 3, 2009 The Los Angeles City Council gave approval to establish a new job training program at the Port of Los Angeles, to be called the Port Electrical Mechanic Apprenticeship (PEMA).
P.E.M.A’s will work as trainees assisting journey-level Port Electrical Mechanics in electrical, mechanical and rigging maintenance, as well as in the repair of various marine terminal structures.
Apprentices will also attend approved classroom training during off-duty hours. Employment as a PEMA is a five-year commitment. Minimum requirement and criteria for this program will be posted as information is made available.
***There are currently, NO job/positions open and available. Please continue to routinely check our website for apprenticeship/job information. Thank you. ****